Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Opening Up

    So, tonight was probably the best youth service since I've been there. Pastor Cody went up and preached on how worship should be. I mean, I almost always sing, but I never really got into the whole thing. He said that even if it meant standing when everyone is on their knees, or vice versa, God would honor you for it. It made me realize that if there's something that makes me feel uncomfortable, or something that makes me feel like people are staring at me, I'm giving it my all.
    So, instead of standing to the back and clapping silently, I got up there and worshiped, not because everyone else was doing it, but because I wanted to. I sang loud enough I could hear myself over the music, I raised my hands because I wanted to, and I stood when everyone else was on their knees.
     It's probably the best feeling in the world to completely praise God and not care what anyone thinks of you. And truthfully, I wasn't even excited for youth in the first place. I came thinking: "okay, this is just going to be like any other service. I'm going to sit in the back the whole time because I don't fit in." It wasn't though! Not at all!
     I got up in front of everyone, And said what God did in my life at Philly, I made people laugh! I had people cheering me on! I realized, what does it matter what I look like without a gallon of makeup? What does it matter if people stare at me? It was just amazing to really know God has had my back the entire time, and I just wanted to share that with you all :]  

No comments:

Post a Comment