Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hiding

    I'm sure we all know what it's like to hide. To hide your real self, hide what you want to say...and how you feel. Hiding from the world. It's hard to be yourself in a world full of others that want you to be just like them. It's hard to be yourself in a world full of people who mock others for individuality. Its just hard.
    It's hard being the "weird kid". It's hard being the one that's able to stand out and not care. But me? I've made that choice. I want to stand out and say what I want and what I feel is right. I want to stand up when I know what I believe in. But that doesn't mean I don't struggle, Doesn't mean it's still not hard. 
    You know those masks the superheroes wear? Like the ones from "The Incredibles"? Why do they wear them? To hide their identities, they don't want everyone to know who they really are. We all wear one just like that. We all put on a fake mask and walk around with it, pretending to be something we all know we're not. We're all fake.
    I'm not saying this to be rude, or to make anyone feel bad about themselves, but it's the truth. Take a good look at yourself right now: how many times have you wanted to stand up for what you believe in, but didn't because you were too afraid? How many times have you wanted to say what you feel, but couldn't, because of the fear people wouldn't accept you? If you're being honest with yourself, you're thinking "one too many times".
    I'm taking a good look at myself right now. Sure, I dress how I want and don't care what anyone has to say about it, But hey, I never speak what's on my mind. I barely speak at all to people I'm not close to, And why? Because I'm afraid of rejection. I'm afraid people won't take me as I am, and I'll be an outcast. I. Am. Afraid.
    I'm like every other human being on this Earth. I have fears, I have flaws....But I've come to realize, I'm not afraid to admit to them. If I don't control them, they will soon control me. And I'm not going to let that happen.
   The point of this post is to tell people: It's okay to be afraid, but don't let your fears get in the way of doing what you want to do like I am. If you're afraid to speak out, don't choose to just be silent like me, choose to speak. We are all on this Earth for a purpose, and if we don't try, we'll never find out what that purpose is.
    If you'd like to talk more on this, or anything else, you can reach me at: jaydesaysrawrr@hotmail.com
   Remember: I love you, every single one of you, and I'm a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on if you need it. Thanks for reading.       

2 comments:

  1. I love to readyour blogs because you speak straight from the heart. This is by far my favorite blog you have written. Keep up the good work. You are doing God's work through your blog even if it doesn't seem that way to you. Love ya kiddo!!!

    Keith Harris

    ReplyDelete