Thursday, September 9, 2010

Invincibility

" And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?"
Ahh....I don't know about you, but those lyrics make me feel invincible. I've been having the worst self esteem issues, and last night at youth, I heard those words and I felt like I was capable of doing anything I desired.
    It always seems like when I'm at my highest point in confidence, when my anxiety is under control, stupid Satan comes and brings drama or pain and makes everything even lower than when it began. I'm happy for once in a long while, I'm laughing with my friends, then one day, I wake up, and look in the mirror, and I feel ugly, worthless, hatred to myself than I had ever before. Then I went to youth last night, feeling completely terrible, and God just makes me feel like I'm worth something again.
    I've had these issues with anxiety and esteem for a while, but when I started high school it got ten times worse. I always feel like everyone is looking at me, like their talking bad things about me, And I know I'm just over thinking it, but I can't help it. It just amazes me how one morning I'm crying and that very night I'm on top of the world.
    I realized through all of this though....and through watching the movie "Fireproof" (Which I have to say, was amazing), That I am fireproof myself, fire will come, but with God by my side I'm not going to get burned, And that amazes me in a million different ways. 
    The whole point in this post is because I feel like there's so many other girls out there, struggling with the things I'm going through too. I just want to let them all know, even though I don't feel beautiful myself most of the time, It doesn't matter what you look like, what outfit you're wearing to school, how your hair looks 24/7. God is going to judge you by what's in your heart and nothing more. So stand by Him no matter what, and He promises he'll reward you in the end.
    Thank you so much to everyone who reads and follows my blog, I really enjoy writing and it's amazing to be able to share what God is doing in my life, and I love you all :]
Stay strong, get through it, It'll all be okay in the end<3    

2 comments:

  1. I love you blogs, Miss Jayde. Seriously. Not only are your feelings and doubts about yourself real, you've touch a truth for so many other girls (and guys too). These aren't the easiest years, the teens years. Did you see "Pretty In Pink"? I think all I did was cry my entire 14th year. I didn't have close friends so I tried to be like the poplar girls that only made things worse. I ended up not knowing who I really was and what I really cared about. I didn't have a relationship
    the Lord then. Isn't it wonderful when the truth of your verse hits your heart? This really blessed me today! I love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lorynne! its hannahbanana!
    Wow, i have to say, you are so ahmazing in everything that you say and do. You know how lately i have had major self confidence issues lately,but sunday i just totally fell apart and i didnt know what to do. I now know how you feel. all of a sudden you just look in the mirror and burst into tears thinking that your not worth anything, and you dont know why a person could ever feel that way, but a person just does. You have given me encouragement. Encouragement to not only get over this whole "uggghhh I hate my hair!" or "I am so ugly!" *sniff * sniff* But to also believe in myself. To believe that God does have a purpose for my life, and that even when I do feel like crap, to keep moving forward. I am so proud that your getting over that because you are so beautiful, and i know you dont think so, but just remember that i will always be on your side, and even though things are tough, we'll get through these things together. <3

    ReplyDelete